cubed cooked chicken, cooked with
sliced cooked carrot
cubed cooked potatoes
cooked green peas
6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons
( I use more because I like it thicker)
chicken bouillon granules
4 cups whole milk or 4 cups
2% low-fat milk
( I use dehydrated garlic and I use about 1-1/2 t)
- To begin, all ingredients should start out cooked (this helps prevent cream base from scorching).
- In sauce pan melt margarine or butter.
- Blend in flour, chicken bouillon, garlic and pepper.
- Cook until mixture is smooth and bubbly; gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture boils, simmer one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and then each vegetable one at a time carefully so as not to break up other ingredients.
- Serve in bread bowls or over cornbread.
- NOTE: Cook time does not include time for individual ingredients, soup only.