2 lbs stewing beef or 2 lbs
fresh baby carrots
4 -6 cloves
( Fresh ground)
good dark beer
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- cube meat into 1 or 2 inch pieces.
- Coat beef with flour and spices.
- combine and heat oils.
- brown beef over high flame 5 minutes.
- add beer, tomato paste, ketchup, and water.
- bring to boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Simmer covered 60 min.
- stir every 20 minutes.
- saute garlic and onion together.
- add bay leaves, garlic, onion, carrots,potatoes additional salt and pepper added to taste.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Enjoy immediately or allow to rest over night for richest taste.