1 1/4 lbs
potatoes, washed, peeled, quartered
2 1/2 cups
chicken bouillon cubes
cream cheese with chives
garlic cloves, peeled
butter, as needed to taste
half-and-half, as needed to taste
salt, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and add the water, bouillon cubes and garlic.
- Bring pot to a boil; reduce heat and cover.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain; reserving the cooking liquid.
- Mash potatoes and add the cream cheese.
- Blend well.
- Gradually beat in enough reserved cooking liquid to make potatoes light and fluffy.
- If you like, you can add butter and/or half and half.
- Serve immediately.