thin asparagus spears
( 1 bundle)
fat-free Miracle Whip
sourdough bread, toasted
lowfat mozzarella cheese
fresh ground black pepper
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus spears and peel if needed. Steam spears, covered, for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Preheat the broiler on the oven.
- Combine Miracle Whip and pesto in a small bowl and mix with a whisk until well blended.
- Spread the pesto-mayonnaise on one side of each bread slice.
- Place 8 spears of asparagus, 1 slice of ham, 2 tomato slices and 1 slice of cheese on top of each bread slice.
- Place sandwiches on a broiler pan or baking sheet and broil about 3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with pepper.