1 (40 g) packets
French onion soup mix
( or 1 Tablespoon Tomato sauce & 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce)
frozen puff pastry, defrosted
( lightly beaten to glaze)
- In a bowl, place bread crumbs, milk, French onion soup mix, barbeque sauce, parsley, thyme and nutmeg. Mix well and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add lean ground beef to the mixture and mix lightly until well combined.
- Place 1 sheet of pastry on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread filling evenly on top leaving a 4cm ( 1-1/2 inch) border of pastry.
- Moisten pastry edges with water; place 2nd piece of pastry on top.
- Seal the edges with a fork.
- Brush top of pastry lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake at 200 Celcius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) for 40 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot or cold cut into squares.