1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta (9 ounces) or 1 1/2 cups
( 9 ounces)
1 (11 ounce) cans
vacuum-packed whole kernel corn, undrained
( such as Green Giant)
1 (4 ounce) cans
diced green chilies, undrained
1 (10 ounce) cans
Ro-tel Mexican festival tomatoes, drained
( if you don't like spicy, you can omit the tomatoes or use a less-spicy type)
2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons
extra-lean beef, sliced
( such as stirfry beef)
bell pepper, cut into strips
chopped fresh cilantro
sliced black olives
- Combine broth, pasta, corn, chilies and tomatoes in a 2-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat and let stand until nearly all the liquid is absorbed.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and heat over medium high heat. Saute sliced beef and bell pepper (if using) in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned to your liking.
- Stir beef and peppers into pasta mixture, then mix in cilantro and black olives (if using).