white onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 lbs
16 ounces large shell pasta or 16 ounces
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
1 (29 ounce) cans
shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic. Drain.
- While beef is browning, prepare pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Return empty pasta pot to stove and over med-low heat, stir together tomato sauce and cream cheese until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Reduce heat to low. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese; stir well. Add thyme, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add drained pasta, drained browned beef mixture and drained spinach to pot. Gently stir to combine and coat well.
- Pour into a 13 x 9" baking dish or similar size casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown.