Dutch-processed cocoa powder
( if not available, can use instant coffee)
( can use regular milk, if desired)
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place mixture in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in just enough milk to create a smooth paste. (I use a wire whisk).
- Gradually mix in remaining milk.
- Cook over medium heat and stir slowly and constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil. Let it boil another 30 seconds or so, gently stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into 3 or 4 dessert dishes and chill until set, about 4 hours.