olive oil, divided
shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
leek, white part only, thinly sliced and cleaned
fresh thyme, chopped
fresh ground black pepper, divided
2 (5 ounce)
boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and leeks; stir and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with half the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cut a small pocket in the top edge of the side of each chicken breast, but don't cut all the way through the breast.
- Fill pocket with 2-3 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture.
- Season chicken with the remaining thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining mushroom-leek mixture.