fatty salt pork
( cooked, mashed and seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Soak the salted pork in cold water overnight to remove the excess salt.
- Cut into cubes.
- Grate the uncooked potatoes and extract the water from them by squeezing them in a cloth.
- Mix the grated potatoes with the mashed, seasoned potatoes, adding more seasoning if necessary.
- Make a hole in the centre of the potato ball with your thumb and add a tablespoon of the salted pork.
- Close up the hole and roll the poutine in white flour and gently lower the poutine into a large pot of boiling,salted water.
- Keep the water boiling and simmer the poutines for 2-3 hours.
- Serve hot with butter, salt and pepper, or as a dessert with sugar a molasses.
- They are also yummy with mustard.