skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 teaspoons
yellow onion, thinly sliced
red peppers, thinly sliced
garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 ounce) cans
dry white wine
1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 large
fresh oregano sprig, chopped
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet until hot, not smoking. Saute the chicken in the oil until brown. Remove chicken from the pan and reserve. Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes until soft but not browned. Add minced garlic.
- Carefully drain tomatoes reserving liquid in a cup or bowl. Mash the tomatoes into a thick paste – more concentrated than tomato sauce but not as thick as tomato paste.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, wine and oregano to the onions and peppers. Simmer 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. If the pan becomes dry, add a little of the reserved tomato liquid. Do so sparingly.
- Add cannelloni beans to the pan, and simmer another 5 minutes until hot.
- Garnish with sprigs of oregano (optional).