( high quality)
eggs, at room temperature
mint leaves (optional) or
lemon balm leaves
- Chop up 1/3 of the chocolate (finely or coarsely, your choice!), set aside.
- Whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Separate egg whites and yolks. Whip yolks until light; in another bowl, whip egg whites until stiff.
- Melt the remaining 2/3 of the chocolate on top of a double boiler.
- Add the whipped egg yolks to the melted chocolate; stir to combine.
- Add whipped cream, chopped chocolate and lemon liqueur, stir.
- Carefully fold in whipped egg whites.
- Divide the mousse evenly among 4-6 individual dessert bowls and refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight. Garnish with mint or lemon balm leaves.