real butter, no substitutes
heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper, to taste
2/3 cup grated not shredded parmesan cheese or 2/3 cup
chopped fresh parsley
( to garnish)
( this is optional, I add it at the end to thicken it up)
- In sauce pan melt butter and stir in heavy cream.
- Add garlic, salt and peppers.
- Simmer for 20 minutes over low heat stirring constantly. If you are using the cream cheese, put it in at this point stirring till melted.
- Remove from heat stir in cheese and serve with noodles adding parsley to garnish.
- We also serve this with baby shrimp or grilled chicken.