( or plain yogurt or buttermilk)
1 -2 teaspoon
fresh lemon juice
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In medium bowl using a fork, stir together all the ingredients, until completely smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Barbecue (for chicken): Omit the lemon juice and add 1 tablespoon prepared barbecue sauce.
- Basil (for chicken and egg): Add 1 tablespoon minced basil and 2 tablespoons seeded, diced tomato.
- Buttermilk (for chicken): Substitute buttermilk for the sour cream and add 1 tablespoon minced scallions or chives; just before serving stir in 2 tablespoons fried, crumbled bacon.
- Chipotle (for chicken and egg): Add 1/2 to 1 -1/2 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce.
- Chutney (for chicken) Add 1 tablespoon mango chutney.
- Club (for chicken and egg): Add 1 tablespoon each diced avocado and seeded, diced tomato; just before serving stir in 2 tablespoon fried, crumbled bacon.
- Curry (for chicken) Add 1 teaspoon curry powder, pinch ground ginger, and honey to taste.