( NOT links)
white onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons
2 tablespoons masa harina flour or 2 tablespoons
- The sausage used for this recipe is pork country style like Jimmy Dean or Owens roll etcetera.
- Brown meat and onion together in a large 12 inch skillet and drain well. For even lower fat rinse meat with hot water, drain and place back in skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl then stir in 8 ounces of water mixing well, now blend well in with meat and onion mixture.
- Simmer 30 minutes. You can simmer for hours if you want, just stir every 30 minutes.
- Chow down.
- This is great by itself or to make nachos, top cheese enchiladas, frito pie, quite good rolled in a flour tortilla with cheddar etc -- .