Spanish onion, chopped
parsley sprig, chopped
1 (10 ounce) cans
1 (18 ounce) cans
( with leaves)
peeled cubed rutabaga
cubed cooked turkey
canned red kidney beans, washed
salt and pepper
chopped fresh parsley
- Combine onion carrots, bay leaf, peppercorns,parsley stocks, turkey carcass, water, chicken stock and tomatoes, in a stock pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- In a clean stockpot, combine strained turkey broth, carrots, celery, rutabaga and pearl barley.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until barley and veggies are tender.
- Add turkey, corn and kidney beans.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until heated through.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.