fresh firm roma tomatoes, cubed
( Miracle Whip makes this recipe tangy)
shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 teaspoon dry basil or 4 -5
fresh minced basil leaves
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, and basil in a bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- Warm oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil to reduce clean up time.
- Cut loaf into 1/2" slices, place on the cookie sheet about 1/4" apart.
- Stir mayonnaise into tomato mixture.
- Add cheese and combine well.
- Top bread slices by tablespoons with mixture.
- Place in HOT oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.