chopped spinach, cooked and drained
parmesan cheese, grated
jarlsberg cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- White Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour and heat until bubbly. About 3 minutes.
- Gradually add milk or cream, stirring constantly; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Turn off heat and stir egg yolks and onion into sauce, along with spinach and cheese.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gently fold into spinach mixture and turn into greased 2 qt casserole.
- Set in pan of hot water and bake about 20 minutes for individual soufflés and 30-40 minutes for the 2-quart dish.
- Makes about 6 -1 cup servings.
- Serve immediately.