1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 3/4 lbs
cooking apples, peeled,cored,sliced
( 6 cups)
2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups
frozen cranberries, partially thawed
packed brown sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients,set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar,beat well.
- Add milk and egg,beating well.
- Stir in flour mixture,set aside.
- Combine apples and next 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to apples,stir well.
- Spoon fruit mixture into lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees,for 45-60 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean Hard Sauce (another Recipezaar recipe) or ice cream.