( or more if for a sweeter bread)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups
fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease 3 mini loaf pans (you might have to use a fourth pan, depending on how large or small you chop the strawberries, and how many ingredients you are using in the batter).
- In a bowl mix butter with sugar for about 4 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat well until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine/whisk the applesauce and half and half; add into the creamed mixture until well combined.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add into the creamed mixture JUST until blended in (do not over mix!).
- Stir in the chopped or sliced strawberries and walnuts.
- Divide evenly between the mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until loaves test done.