3 1/4 ounces
vanilla pudding mix
( not instant)
1 1/2 cups
crushed pineapple, well drained
1 (9 inch)
2 1/2 cups
fresh strawberries, washed hulled cut in half
- Prebake your pie crust and have cooled.
- In a saucepot place the whole milk, and vanilla pudding mix (not instant), and cook until thick , following package directions.
- Cool slightly without stirring.
- Add well drained crushed pineapple.
- Add in vanilla.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff, and fold in the cooled pudding mixture.
- Spread into the cooled pie shell.
- Chill until set.
- In a saucepot place the 1/2 cup berries and water.
- Cook about two minutes, then remove and sieve.
- Place back into saucepot.
- Combine the sugar and cornstarch with the juices or puree in the saucepot.
- Over low heat, stirring until thick and clear.
- Add food colouring if desired to make a nice red.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice the 2 1/2 cups berries in half.
- Place in a nice circular pattern berries cut side up onto the chilled pie.
- Spoon the glaze over all the berries to glaze fruit.
- Chill now for several hours.
- Serve with additional whipped heavy cream.