1 (8 ounce) packages
frozen broccoli florets
pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
( Blue package)
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of chicken soup
( reserved from cooking the broccoli)
- In a large pan, cover chicken breasts with water, add 2 teaspoons salt and seasonings. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour. Let cool and break into large pieces.
- Cook frozen broccoli as per directions, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid.
- In a large casserole dish, layer 1/2 chicken pieces, then all of the cooked broccoli, then layer the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Mix soup, mayonnaise, broccoli juice and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Pour soup mix over chicken & broccoli and poke through to make sure it seeps throughout the casserole.
- Mix stuffing in melted oleo and cover top of casserole with it.
- Bake COVERED at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown the top.