onion, finely chopped
mushroom, finely chopped
canned black beans, rinsed well and drained
fresh lemon juice
scallions, finely chopped
grated monterey jack pepper cheese
grated cheddar cheese
mild enchilada sauce
( 8 inch)
- Cook bacon in heavy skillet, crumble and set aside.
- In bacon oil, cook onion and mushrooms over moderate heat, stirring, until golden.
- Add spinach and garlic and cook, until wilted.
- Stir in water, beans, lemon juice, scallions, pepper jack cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and salt to taste.
- Cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Heat tortillas in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Place a few tablespoons of filling in center of burrito, fold sides and roll.
- Place 1/2 enchilada sauce in bottom of a glass pan. Place rolled burritos in pan and place 1/2 enchilada sauce over them.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.