French bread, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons
garlic cloves, use garlic press
roma tomato, sliced
1 (16 ounce) packages
- Place slices of bread on a stone or cookie sheet. Brush with a little olive oil or melted butter.
- In a small sauce pan, add olive oil or butter. (whatever you like).
- When hot, add Italian seasonings and garlic. (You can adjust the amount of garlic and Italian seasoning to your taste).
- Cook about 2 to 3 minutes until garlic is softened. Be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add sliced tomatoes on top of sliced bread. Brush mixture on top of bread and tomatoes.
- Add cheese. (You can use an Italian blend cheese if you like).
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- This is good with any Italian dish! I love it with spaghetti!