crushed chocolate-covered english toffee bar
very ripe mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups
extra large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons
2 3/4 cups
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- To make topping: in a small bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar and 1/3 cup flour.
- Rub the butter in the flour mix with your fingertips to make a crumb mixture.
- Stir in the caramel bits, Heath bars or Crispy Crunch bars; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash (do not mix with a mixer) the bananas; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, with an elecric mixer (if you have a heavy-duty stand mixer attach the paddle attachment) and cream the butter and sugar very well until soft (about 6 minutes).
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and the vanilla.
- Add in banana, sour cream, and all dry ingredients, mix on low speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.