paprika (optional) or fresh basil (optional) or
toasted walnut halves, for garnish
coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
loosely packed fresh basil leaf
freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 -2 tablespoon
extra virgin olive oil
ground pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
- Put all pesto ingredients in food processor and process until slightly chunky, or desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as necessary.
- Cut tomatoes (in half or cut off the very top) and remove seeds and juice (I use an iced tea spoon).
- Fill tomato with pesto using a pastry bag or ziploc bag (small spoon may also work).
- Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.