( either homemade or bought, a packet mix does fine for this recipe)
1 packet topping mix or 1 packet
2 (6 ounce) boxes
non-fat strawberry yogurt
kiwi fruits, sliced
toasted slivered almonds
- Cut the cake vertically into halves.
- Slice the cake into fingers.
- Prepare topping mix as per instructions on the packet but using skimmed milk, or if using fresh cream, whip until stiff.
- Layer half the cake pieces, yoghurt, whipped topping, strawberries and kiwi in a 2 quart serving bowl.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle with almonds.
- Garnish with whole strawberries, if desired.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.
- For an alternative taste, grate the rind of an orange and a lemon and sprinkle over the sponge.
- Use orange flavoured yoghurt and top with tinned mandarines instead of strawberries.