1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup
1 1/2 cups
cream cheese, room temperature
fresh strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees F.
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until chopped fine; add flour and sugar; When well blended, add the cold butter, two tablespoons at a time; Remove from processor and spread in a spring form pan, pushing the mixture one inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden; Remove from oven and cool.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until fluffy and well blended.
- While the motor is still running, add small amounts of the whipping cream in a steady small stream into the cheese mixture, NOT TOO FAST, or the mixture will be too runny.
- When well blended, spread the cream mixture evenly into the baked, cooled crust (At this point, it can be covered and chilled up to 24 hours.).
- When ready to serve, place halved strawberries on top of the chilled cream mixture, remove the spring form pan rim, slice and serve.