squares graham crackers
( finely ground)
( chopped fine)
whipping cream, sweetened to taste
( When making whipped cream, as you are beating the mixture, just slowly sprinkle in sugar to sweeten)
- Beat egg whites until very fluffy.
- Add baking powder.
- Very slowly add sugar while mixer beats (will become thick and heavy).
- With rubber spatula, fold in cracker crumbs (you can roller crackers in a plastic bag to make fine crumbs).
- Fold in nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 8" or 9" round pie pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Do not under-bake, will puff up and then settle and crack.
- Cool, then chill in refrigerator.
- Night before or early morning, seal to edge with whipped cream.
- Decorate with fine graham cracker crumbs. This is even better the longer it sits with the whipped cream on it to soften it all the way through.