lamb rib chops, even thickness
( cut from a rack of lamb)
fresh ground black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
fresh basil, cut julienne style
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine mustard, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper with 2 teaspoons water.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil, forming a creamy marinade.
- Stir in basil.
- Add the chops to the marinade and coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to four hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit until arriving at room temperature (about one hour).
- Heat grill to very hot.
- Remove excess marinade from chops and grill uncovered about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer to a warm platter and serve.
- Preparation time does not include marinade and sitting time.