1/2 lb turkey breast, cooked, cubed or 1/2 lb
green bell pepper, seeded and diced
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 4-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of rapidly boiling water, boil squash halves 5 minutes or until not quite tender.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop flesh from each half and dice.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add green pepper, onion and diced squash.
- Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add sage and pepper and stir to coat.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add barley and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10 minutes, until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in diced turkey.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and top with feta cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden.