1 (12 ounce) cans dry cider or 1 (12 ounce) cans
sharp Canadian cheddar cheese, grated
dry English-style mustard
1 (1 lb) loaf heavy whole wheat bread or 1 (1 lb) loaf
crusty rye bread, cut into 1" cubes,cut so each cube has a bit of crust and air dry for 2 hours
- Heat the cider or beer to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Toss together the cheese and the cornstarch.
- Add cheese in large handfuls to the simmering liquid.
- When the fondue is creamy (you may have to stir once), combine the butter, mustard,& worcestershire and add to the fondue.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until silky& smooth.
- Season with cayenne and place in a table top fondue dish and place over heater.
- Keep the fondue at a gentle simmer.
- Guests then spear the bread dip in the hot fondue and MMMmmmmm.