2 1/2 lbs
cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- You might want to use a kitchen scissors to cut around the edge because you don't want to dig into the squash itself (which is easy to do).
- Turn upside down in a baking pan.
- Bake at 375-degrees until the inside is somewhat soft (about 45 minutes for this sized squash).
- Let cool until the squash can be handled and then carefully remove the inside of the squash.
- They will come out in threads that look and act much like cooked spaghetti (thus, the name).
- There will be a much larger volume of strands than you think!
- Cook several pieces of bacon very crisp and chop into bacon bits.
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil and/or butter.
- Add the spaghetti squash threads.
- Toss with spices as desired and the bacon bits.
- Heat through and serve.