coarsely cracked black pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons
pure vanilla extract
apple juice, chilled
boneless pork loin
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, small crock or heavy-duty plastic container; stir to dissolve the salt and sugar. Add cold water and apple juice, then chill completely in the refrigerator.
- Add pork of choice(see note above in discription). Weight with a plate if necessary to keep the meat completely submerged.
- Refrigerate 3 days for pork loin, 1 to 2 days for chops and 12 hours for tenderloin. Stir the brine each day and turn the pork occasionally.
- ROAST -
- In an uncovered, shallow pan at 350°F
- Loin Roast, Bone-in or Boneless*
- 2-5 pounds for 20 per pound
- Shoulder Roast (Butt)** 3-6 pounds for 30 per pound
- Tenderloin (roast at 425-450° F) --.
- 20 - 30
- GRILL - over direct heat
- Chops, Bone-in or Boneless 3/4 inch 8-10 minutes
- Thick Chop 1 1/2 inches 12-16 minutes.
- Tenderloin 1 - 1 1/2 lbs. 15-25 minutes.
- SAUTÉING - with a small amount of olive oil over medium-high heat in an uncovered pan
- Cutlets, Bone-in or Boneless 1/4 inch 3-4 minutes.
- Chops, Bone-in or Boneless 3/4 inch 7-8 minutes.