1 (5 cm) pieces
ginger, peeled and chopped
1 2/3 liters
fresh goat cheese, cut into 6 slices
salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and pumpkin and cut into cubes of roughly the same size.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter using a medium heat.
- Leaving the heat setting the same, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumplin, sweet potatoes, ginger, caraway seeds and stock.
- Season to taste, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sweet potatoes and pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and puree in batches in a food processor.
- Place in a clean suacepan, add honey and cinnamon.
- Bring to the boil then remove from heat.
- Add more seasoning if necessary.
- Top with cheese then serve.
- For a heartier meal cook you favourite pasta shapes for 5 minutes (so still firm), drain then add to the pureed soup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then serve.