fennel, Sliced in quarters cutting out dense core reserving the leaves for garnish
onion, cut into slices
garlic cloves, finely sliced
1/3 cup hot chicken stock or 1/3 cup
saffron, about 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place fennel, onion and garlic into an oiled baking dish using the 2 tablespoons oil.
- Combine saffron, chicken broth and white wine and pour over fennel season with salt and pepper. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. If desired, uncover the baking dish toward the end of the cooking time, to allow any excess liquid to evaporate.
- Garnish with the fennel fronds (feathery greens from the fennel).