2 (6 inch)
pita bread rounds
olive oil, divided
onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
2 -3 ounces
leftover cooked beef, sliced thin
mozzarella cheese, shredded
parmesan cheese, grated
crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly brush the pita rounds with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning blend.
- Preheat remaining oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until onion begins to brown lightly.
- Add the green bell pepper and cook until crisp tender.
- Add the roasted red pepper and leftover roast beef, cook stirring frequently until warm.
- Divide the meat and vegetable mixture evenly between the pita rounds, top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melted and pita rounds are hot.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and serve immediately.