garlic cloves, minced
( or medium grain)
hot chicken stock
( or bouillon)
romano cheese, shredded
fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
- Saute mushrooms in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft.
- Stir in the rice and cook 1 minute, coating rice with the oil.
- Stir in 1 cup of the hot broth and let simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Repeat with the remaining broth and hot water.
- Taste for doneness: the rice should be creamy and slightly chewy in the center, not dry.
- Add more hot liquid if necessary to cook longer.
- Total cooking time should be 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, cheese and parsley and season to taste.
- Cook till warmed through.