dry fettuccine pasta
fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
grated parmesan cheese
ground black pepper
cooked ham, diced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al denté.
- Stir asparagus into pot in the last five minutes of cooking; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When mixture begins to bubble, stir in Parmesan, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne.
- Continue cooking until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ham and heat through.
- Toss pasta and asparagus with sauce and serve immediately.