vanilla wafer cookies
( about 3 2/3 cups from a 12 oz. box)
1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes
cook and serve instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling, not sure of the oz. size, but it is the 4-serving size
ripe bananas, thinly sliced
1 (20 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry with paper towels
1 (8 ounce) containers
whipped topping, thawed
square semisweet baking chocolate
( 1 oz.)
stemmed maraschino cherries, patted dry
- Have ready a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Process cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Add butter; pulse to blend. Using bottom of a small measuring cup, press evenly over bottom and up sides of tart pan.
- Prepare pudding mix as box directs using the 2 cups milk. Pour into crust and refrigerate about 1 hour until set and cold.
- Top pudding with bananas; cover with pineapple.
- Drop large spoonfuls of whipped topping over pineapple; spread almost to crust mounding slightly in center.
- Remove pan sides (place on a small sturdy bowl and let pan sides fall down).
- Put tart on serving plate.
- Sprinkle tart with wanuts.
- Holding chocolate over tart, slowly and firmly pull a swivel-blade vegetable peeler across the chocolate, letting just a few shavings fall on top.
- Melt remaining chocolate in microwave.
- Arrange wafer cookies, banana slices and cherries on tart; use a spoon to drizzle with the melted chocolate.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 hour.