portabella mushroom, in large dice
( quartered or halved; also, crimini are baby portabellos)
mixed chopped herbs
( chives, rosemary, etc)
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large heavy bottomed pot over high temperature heat the oil until very hot.
- Add the mushrooms all at one, and saute on high until they release their liquid, stirring occasionally.
- When the liquid has evaporated from the bottom of the pot, add the wine and chopped herbs, stir, and saute until the wine and liquid is almost completely reduced.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve hot.
- Note: this dish would also be tasty with a combination of other mushrooms, such as porcini and morels!