onion, finely chopped
green pepper, chopped
garlic cloves, crushed
tomato sauce & mushrooms
- Melt butter and brown chicken in a heavy 11" skillet.
- Remove chicken; lightly brown onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Remove garlic.
- Place chicken back in skillet, spooning onion and green pepper over.
- Stir together in a medium bowl undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce w/mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves and cayenne pepper. Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30-40 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove bay leaves. Transfer chicken to warm platter. skim off any extra fat from sauce, spoon some sauce over chicken. Thicken remaining sauce slightly and stir into pre-cooked spaghetti, adding additional 8 oz can of tomato sauce w/mushrooms in necessary to make enough liquid.