earl grey tea leaves, from approximately 6 tea bags
unsalted butter, cut into pieces
( using margarine instead will make this vegan, although I think it would really change the flavor and)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor until the tea leaves are pulverized.
- Add vanilla, water, and butter; pulse together until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough in half, placing each half on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll each half into a 12-inch log.
- Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Slice each log into 1/3 inch thick pieces.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or foil, 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.