2 (850.48 g) can
of sliced beets
apple cider vinegar
- Drain beets, saving the juice. Add water if necessary to make 1-1/2 cups of juice. Set aside.
- Slice onion and combine with the beets in a glass or non-reactive bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the beet juice and the vinegar until steaming (not boiling) then add the sugar.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and heat just to a boil.
- Pour the hot juice over the beets and onions, stir and let cool.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate. They taste best when they have sat for 24 hours.