1 1/2 cups
1 1/4 cups
sifted powdered sugar, for decorating
nutmeg, for decorating
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- To the butter/sugar/egg mixture, stir in half of egg nog. Then stir in half of flour mixture. Stir in remaining eggnog and then flour mixture. It will be very stiff.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Working with 1/3 of dough at time (keep the rest of the dough chilled), separate dough into 1-inch balls and roll between floured hands into a pencil-like shape, about as long as your hand. On an ungreased cookie sheet loop one end over the other to form an oval with two ends overlapping (to look like the Christian fish).
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes before edges brown. They won't look done, but they are.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and powdered sugar.