good quality baking cocoa
3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup
1 1/4 cups
( or to taste)
1 1/3 cups
mini chocolate chip
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa and baking powder; mix to combine.
- Add in boiling water; mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add in the melted butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Add in the sugar, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in eggs with a wooden spoon; mix until combined.
- Mix the flour with salt; add in the chocolate mixture; mix well to combine (batter will be a bit on the thin side).
- Add/mix in mini chocolate chips or walnuts (or 1 cup of both!).
- Using an ice cream scoop fill each of the muffin tins almost to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are done, don't over bake! (might take a little longer, depending on how full the muffin tins are with the batter).
- Cool, drizzle glaze over or frost with buttercream frosting.