flat lasagna noodles
- Grease a ceramic 9 x 13 casserole dish with butter and set aside (this is so that the noodles don't stick to the bottom, and it works better than putting sauce down, and tastes great, too).
- Boil lasagna shells until al dente (look at directions on package), unless you're using the ready to bake type.
- Arrange pasta into single layer in pan, cutting and patching to fit as needed.
- Carefully top with a thin layer of bolognese (about 1 1/2 cups). Sprinkle liberally with parmiggiano cheese.
- Arrange another layer of pasta on top, covering with bechamel (about 1 1/3 cup) and sprinkle again with parmiggiano cheese.
- Repeat layers until you have at least 3 layers of bolognese and bechamel, then finish with another cup of the reserved bolognese, and finally top with parmigianno.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly, about 50 minutes.
- Let rest about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with any remaining bolognese on the side.