walnuts, roasted until golden brown
spinach, well packed cups of chopped raw spinach
parmesan cheese, grated
lite olive oil
( or virgin)
garlic cloves, chopped
salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbs
- Cook the fettuccine ala dente.
- Roast walnuts in a 400°F oven for about 5 minutes; watch they do not burn.
- In a food processor put 2 cups spinach, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/4 cup walnuts, half the Gruyere, 1/2 cup oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper, half the basil, half the oregano and half the cream.
- Process until smooth.
- Repeat with remaining half of the ingredients.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of walnuts for garnish.
- Heat the sauce, keep warm.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta, toss.
- Garnish with walnuts and serve.