finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups
( with leaves)
chopped fresh parsley
soft bread cubes
1 1/2 teaspoons
dried thyme leaves
fresh ground black pepper
- Cook and stir onion and celery in butter in 10 to 12 inch skillet until onion is tender. Stir in about 1/3 of the bread cubes. Turn into a deep bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss. Stuff turkey just before roasting. 9 cups stuffing.
- STUFFING BALLS: Shape stuffing by 1/2 cupfuls into balls; place in greased baking dish. Cover and cook in 325 degree F oven 30 minutes. Uncover and cook 15 minutes longer. 10 Stuffing Balls.
- NOTE: To make Corn Bread Stuffing, you can substitute corn bread cubes for the soft bread cubes.
- Tip for freezing for Thanksgiving/Christmas:.
- NOTE: The unbaked stuffing mixture will freeze great in containers or freezer bags to serve later. To reheat: Thaw and bake it in a greased dish, (rather than in the bird)at 350°F until golden brown on top (about 30 minutes covered, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more). Don't overbake!