2 (680.38 g) can
2 (793.78 g) can
sweetened condensed milk
hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer, i used international delites
236.59 ml whipping cream or 236.59 ml
14.79 ml hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 4.92 ml
1 (510.29 g) box
vanilla cake mix
softened unsalted butter
whipping cream, well chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 10 inch spring for pan, set aside.
- Tres Leches sauce --.
- In a large pot bring all 4 milks (first four ingredients)to a boil stirring frequently. Remove from heat stir in extract and chill in a large bowl covered.
- Cake --.
- Beat the box cake, butter, eggs and water on low speed to mix in then at medium for 2 minutes.
- Take note of picture batter will be thick. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Shut oven off and open door to cool cake 30 minutes.
- Remove side of pan place on a wire rack remove to cool completely.
- Line a large container (I used a plastic cake carrier inverted) with plastic wrap going over the sides.
- Cut cake in half with a serrated knife to make 2 layers.
- Place top half cut side up in container. Top with strawberries top with bottom of cake cut side down.
- Using a wooden skewer poke plenty of holes in cake not going through the plastic wrap on the bottom.
- Pour slowly 4 cups of sauce over cake. Wrap over hanging plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate cake and remaining sauce over night.
- One hour before serving pour 1-1/2 cups more sauce then return to chill.
- Topping --.
- Whip cream sugar and extract till stiff peaks form.
- Assembly --.
- Remove cake from refrigerator uncover and carefully invert onto a serving platter with a raised edge so cream won `t run off the platter.
- Remove wrap and spread whipped cream.
- Serve with the chilled reserved cream.